Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Comfort food

If you have been reading my other blog, you would know that we arrived home from our holidays almost a week ago. Over at Monkeemoomoo, I have joined up for Blogtoberfest, which means I have been busy blogging daily and therefore I have been neglecting this space.

But I have been cooking. On the very day that we arrived home, my large garage freezer broke down and two days later my indoor fridge/freezer broke down. (lets not even mention the dvd player and the vacuum cleaner!!)

So, although I was hoping for a quiet week, with minimal cooking, I let the meat continue to defrost and then spent a couple of days cooking like there was no tomorrow. I have made: two different lamb curries, two different chicken curries, a lamb and eggplant casserole, a duck ragu, braised chinese spare ribs, three large tubs of bolognese sauce and roasted a chicken that was then used in a couple of different chicken salads.

Some tasted good and I will share the recipes later in the week, while others are just so so.

Speaking of things tasting good, I forgot to mention that after three full days of driving, the kids and I arrived home to find that my husband had cooked us up a treat.  He had made this delicious Beef and Guinness Pie (half the cheese) for dinner, served with greens and 'to die for' mashed potatoes, then chocolate mousse for dessert.

Honestly it was one of the best meals I had ever eaten. It was good to be home. The perfect comfort food.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! what a great Husband you have there,I wish mine was as thoughtful! :) Chocolate Mousse YUMMO!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...