Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Pear, Chocolate and Ricotta Cake



















About a year ago Mum went to a dinner party where this cake was served. The next day, she rang the host for the recipe and immediately e-mailed it to me, telling me: I must make this cake.

But I never had.

As she was our only lunch guest for Good Friday this year, I decided to make it. It was so easy, it makes a huge cake and is very impressive. Did I mention easy? And yum! We served it, as is with coffee, but mum's friends had served it warm, with thick cream as a dessert - divine!

I made it again this week when friends came for morning tea.

You must try it.

Pear, Chocolate and Ricotta Cake

makes 1 large cake

• 250 grams castor sugar
• 3 eggs
• 250 grams ricotta
• 300 grams self raising flour
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• 150 grams dark chocolate (chopped)
• 4 ripe pears (peeled, cored and chopped into large chunks)

• raw sugar

Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a 26 cm spring form cake tin. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the ricotta and mix well. Add the flour, a little at a time and then the melted butter. Gently fold in the chocolate and pear. Pour the cake mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked.

2 comments:

  1. i love the look and sound of this cake..it is one i will definitely be making ..in fact i might even do so today..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it:)

      I am going to try one of your cakes this week too: Poor Soldiers Cake. I thought that it would be appropriate for our ANZAC day morning tea. xo

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...