Friday, August 31, 2012

Raspberry and Lemon Muffins


Another yummy muffin recipe I have made recently was this one. Last week when I dropped my daughter to her class I saw this notice on the whiteboard. 

"Mum's Morning Tea 10:00am Wednesday"

That day! Somehow I hadn't noticed this on the days previous. Oh no!

I guess I could have just popped down to the local IGA and bought a packet of biscuits, but honestly, that just didn't occur to me. I just asked myself, what was the quickest thing I knew how to make. Muffins! I raced home and whipped up this quick recipe. They were on the morning tea table at school just minutes after coming out of the oven. Perfect.

I'll be honest, the kids did not love them, but the mums did. Loved them! With high praise for my muffins and high praise for my daughters schoolwork, it turned out to be a very unexpected and pleasant morning. 

Raspberry and Lemon Muffins 

makes 16 - 20 muffins

• 275 grams plain flour
• 100 grams caster sugar
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• a pinch of salt
• 210 ml milk
• 1 egg (lightly beaten)
• 75 grams butter (melted)
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 150 grams raspberries or blueberries
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely chopped)

Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Grease and flour two 12 hole muffin tins. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl or jug, mix together the milk, egg, melted butter and lemon juice with a whisk, until well combined. Pour the milk mixture over the dry ingredients and  stir gently to combine. Add the berries and lemon zest, halfway through mixing. Do not over mix. The mixture will be a bit lumpy. Use a tablespoon to put into muffin tins. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden.

4 comments:

  1. Your muffins look DELICIOUS...think I might need to put raspberries on the shopping list for next week! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, I'm going to make them again next week too!

      Delete
    2. I have made these little gems this afternoon and I don't think they will last long! This recipe is definitely going in the favorites folder! Kate

      Delete
    3. Thanks for the great feedback Kate! Is there anything better than a recipe shared? I think not.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. I'd love to hear what's happening in your kitchen. If you've tried one of my recipes, I'd like to know what you thought? Do you have some advice to make it better? Did you find a mistake? Perhaps it is a new favourite in your home?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...